View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker
Although I won't lie, it is funny to me that there are still people who assume, based on nothing, that Nashville doesn't deserve this and/or that there is no demand for urban living here.
It has nothing to do with deserve. You have to admit, it has not happen yet that a city and metro of Nashville's size has built a supertall. It's a bit unusual, and like many people on this forum, has left me scatching my head. Usually, impressive height is the result of a certain degree of population density (or need for office space) in a very finite land area. Even Philly doesn't have a supertall.

Now I don't know enough about Nashville to comment on the desirability of the location, or the local personality and its desire to live an urban lifestyle.

I will admit that Nashville is not the typical city with a metro of 1.5M. It certainly has a much larger center of gravity than Milwaukee, Columbus, etc. For a city that is generally regarded as an important hub for a segment of American culture, this could be a very good thing. Putting a face on a city (in the form of a skyline) always helps its recognition. And nothing helps ground a skyline like a tall, and beautiful skyscraper.

Last edited by rgolch; May 1, 2006 at 4:35 PM.