View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 10:46 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Did you move because of the hurricane or did you just decide it was time for a change? I guess I thought you were always in Houston, where were you before?
Not directly because of Harvey, no. Indirectly, yes, since I needed to look for another place to live and rents were projected to skyrocket as a result of the tens of thousands of apartment units rendered unlivable as a result of Harvey's deluge. So I decided to have another do-over in my life and move to where I WANTED to move, not move because a job SAID I had to move.

As for where I was before? Brief answer for you: Born and raised in the L.A. area (Simi/San Fernando Valleys), then to Manchester NH for a few years, then to Denver (and the Front Range in general) for more than a decade, followed by a year in Bakersfield CA, then a year in Houston, then about three years in Pittsburgh, followed by the four years back in Houston. And now in Chicago. Whew, that's a lot of moves to nearly all parts of this country! Hahahaha

Aaron (Glowrock)