View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 9:43 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I'd just like to vent for a moment, if you don't like what I have to say just skip over it please.

I'm getting really tired of downtown phoenix. Everything has been under construction for months and in the past week it's become exponentially worse. I predict it will get even worse in the coming months.

Roosevelt is closed for resurfacing causing traffic to congest streets that can't handle traffic, like McKinley. This is a window into what it will be like if they remove that center lane.

I went to Fry's to make a salad for lunch. Can't take McKinley to Central since it's closed between 3rd and 2nd. McKinley is also closed again between Central and 1st Ave. Central is also barricaded around Rooesvelt. Did I mention when I go to the basketball games it takes on average of about 30 minutes to get from 7th Ave to 1st Street on Jefferson? There's not really a better way around it. Jefferson is barricaded around Block 23 and the other night it was restricted around 3rd Avenue as well. 5th Avenue around Van Buren is down to one lane.

I'm so sick of navigating construction multiple times on short trips. It's for the best, I know that. We don't need to argue about the reason for the construction, I am aware it's growing pains. I can still be sick of dealing with it and try to avoid the city until further notice.
Welcome to big city growing pains.