View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:22 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
From the view atop of my residential building, the Frost tower looks like it might be slightly taller than the Weston! Keeping fingers crossed

Any word on official height??
Or does the height change during the construction process??
No, I seriously doubt the height could change enough to make it taller than the Weston Centre. They would need to add about 10 floors before that could happen. And if they were to add 10 floors, they'd have to go back to the city again to have their site plan reviewed again for approval.

But, to answer your question, yes, heights can change during the construction process, but rarely. Usually, any changes to the height happen before construction starts, and any changes that happen after are usually for things like mechanical penthouses when minor details are changed. As I said before, mechanical penthouses are omitted from height restrictions/allowances, so sometimes a published height for a building can be the main roof height, and the mechanical penthouse may not be included in the height. I think in the case of the Frost Bank Headquarters that whatever the mechanical penthouse is doesn't matter to the final height since the crown is ultimately going to be higher than the mechanical penthouse, and I see no reason why they wouldn't have reported/published the height of the building without counting the crown. It just wouldn't have made sense.