View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They were interviewing John Wishart, CEO of the Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce on CBC Radio this morning.

Wishart mentioned there would likely be development near the corner of King & Main this year, echoing a similar comment made by Greg Turner last week. One wonders if this has to do with the Harper Building proposal.

Wishart also stated that Ashford will be proceeding with a project at the former Cosmopolitan site downtown this year as well. He said he was not privy to exact plans, but expected a mixed use development of some kind.

Two other notes:

- The building containing Navigator's Pub has been sold to a PEI company.
- The building containing the downtown location of the Blue Olive is for sale. There are some rumours out there that this location of the Blue Olive is in difficulty and might potentially close.
Good news with Ashford, although I thought it would be the old Paramount Theater building. I read a while ago that they were going to demolish it soon. So I thought we would see a project there. Of course plans can change. A nice high end re-development of the Cosmo building would be great for the downtown core.