View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
The first architect finished the design. I don't know how common it is for a new architect to assume the same design but this is what is happening. As of now I don't believe there is any change in the completed design but I guess that is what Mistecture will determine. For the record, Verne Reimer will still have "Designed" the building. Mistecture will just become the Architect of Record.
For the record, I'm passing along information that is being relayed to me through people I know. I don't have any personal relationship with the developer to confirm, but these are strange steps for a developer to be taking if there isn't any hardship.

Specifically, why on earth would you have a different architect of record from the designer if you're working with their design? I mean, outside of cost, this is a strange step to take. And why would an architect assume the liability for somebody else's design when the other somebody doesn't really have an high-rise experience either? It's definitely unconventional.