View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2015, 10:34 AM
International

Thumbs up

Thanks for all of the positive and encouraging feedback, guys! It is much appreciated. Riga and Vilnius are lovely, enchanting places that should be on any urbanist's to-visit list/radar. Since posting this, I have also written up and posted some impressions and observations on Vilnius. They can be read here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Perfect tour.

How are the people there? Friendly?
Young locals seemed friendly and helpful - the older ones, less so (and possibly not able, as many people from older generations often don't speak English). Also much more modern and stylish than stereotypes of Eastern Europeans would lead you to believe. Women are on point, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
i need to visit these cities. riga looks more imposingly scaled than does vilnius, which i am not sure i expected. i wonder how tallinn lines up?
Not sure, but from pictures I've seen of Tallinn, it seems significantly more quaint, wooden, and SFH-like in build form and orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_zul View Post

As I remember pretty much all of your SSP threads it was different to see your european pics back in the day and now it's even more interesting when you're so close to my place. Vilnius (Wilno) is pretty close to Poland. I know it's not about Poland but I really hope to see you one day here. If not Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia then maybe Poznan, Krakow, Warsaw or Lodz? I know you were in Szczecin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
Very intriguing set of some cities I don't know too much about. Looking forward to seeing you tackle more of Eastern Europe in 2015!
No concrete plans on visiting EE just yet, but for the Central/Eastern European region, Krakow and Budapest are both on my radar. I do, however, have tickets booked to Malta for travel next month. Should be a fun and surprising trip!