View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 5, 2010, 8:38 PM

There was a lot of talk about the Fortis development at the Council meeting tonight and it seems that a lot of councillors supported an office tower, in some form, being built in that location.

CBC News will have more coverage on councils Fortis discussion in a few minutes and you can also read The Scope's Council Live Blog to see what the councillors were saying. http://twitter.com/thescopeNL

CBC showed the following councilors on the news.

Hann, Tilley and Breen all said how bad it was that the proposal is off the table, and mentioned that it was bad for the business community.

Collins and O'leary spoke and didn't seem to care that it was withdrawn, Collins said he'd never support a 10 to 12 story building on Water Street.

I should also mention now that I feel that all councillors should be elected at large. I don't really find it fair that people who have been elected in wards by a few thousand people are making the same decisions as those who were elected by 14+ thousand in matters that effect the entire city. Vancouver, where I believe everyone is elected at large, seems to have a more fair system.

Last edited by PoscStudent; Apr 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM.