View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
^i don’t disagree that our downtown is kicking ass. There’s always room for improvement though - especially with how many silly surface lots and the odd dead lot like the one kept dead by North Prairie for what, a decade now while we watch North Prairie build commercial buildings that’s sit empty in Stonebridge for 5 years? I know people from Nutrien that PARK at 25th and 2nd in those now open lots that had something on them ten years ago - hopefully with the increase in parking at River Landing Nutrien but no real tangible announcement of any new offices moving downtown we will hopefully see a huge drop in demand for permanent parking spots downtown and those surface lots won’t be such cash cows and that will be the incentive for these rich folk to stop being so selfish and build to benefit our downtown?? I just think simple legislation would push the market quicker. These folk speculating on downtown real estate and just leaving them bare or with parking is doing no one but themselves good... heck I’d even be happy if they love parking so much - build a parkade with retail on the main level. If these people spec buying want to not be such a detriment and want to be serious about their passion of buying a downtown lot specifically for parking, give us a beautiful parking lot lol
I wish all developers “cared” about design/city building/etc. as much as you, and the other people on this forum do. But most don’t. It’s a business, and it needs to make business sense above all else...