View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2019, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Yes they definitely lease land. But mostly it's small pieces with parking lots on them. The buildings are all (most?) on private land they'd have to expropriate. I'll find the plans on my computer, but there was a large cloverleaf planned for regent/Lag that would take out virtually all of the development at the corner.

Good to hear Wenzel is closed. So there are no uncontrolled access points at all in the stretch we discussed. 101 interchange, Birds Hill Rd intersection, floodway ramps, Garven intersection.
I think I remember a parclo planned at regent and Lag. I could also see a diamond or single point urban interchange go in there as an alternative.

I think with that corner, the strip mall with ACU is on city owned land. My guess comes from the fact that the building hasnt been updated in decades whereas most strip malls seem to get a full facelift every 5-10 years. Probably the 'we can be outa here at any moment' mentality.

Edit:

Found winnipeg zoning map
https://winnipeg.ca/ppd/maps_aerial.stm
Toggle on all the zoning options and the blank stuff is probably what the city has allocated for roadways. You can see the parking lot by st vital not zoned.

Bad news is there is no city owned land around regent and Lag. If ever there is an interchange there, that will cost a good chunk of change to expropriate.

I also noticed no land allocated to take care of the royal screw up that is bishop grandin between royalwood and lag, nor around fermor and Lag, whereas there is room around st annes, dakota, and st marys