View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
this was discussed before you ever appeared in the Forum. Why do you not believe it? The lower large floorplates were designed to appeal to tech companies, offering size not available in most other towers. Why would anyone want to build a concrete tower for highrise offices?
When I actually "appeared in the forum" is a very long story which we can discuss by PM if you care to (same goes for anyone else who is curious).

Although I don't see why I should have to analyse my "belief" in public, as I said, we'll know the reality very soon now. The reason it must be steel that I saw mentioned here was because of weight, but in fact this building has piles that go 25 ft into bedrock so it should be designed for either construction method depending on the number and robustness of those piles.

Why would anybody want to build a concrete tower for office? Who knows? I've not seen any other building with the first 11 floors one method and the rest another either. And I asked myself "why would anybody build an 800 foot residential building of steel?" in respect of 181 Fremont. Or "why would anybody build a 600 ft condo tower without piles to bedrock?" in respect of the Millennium Tower (yeah, I really did wonder about that before what's known became known). Stranger things have happened.

But I'm just expressing a belief (guess). Again, we'll know in a week or two.

By the way, those authoritative sources that say it's going to be steel: I looked for 'em because I want that to be right but I couldn't find any. You got links?

Last edited by Pedestrian; Jul 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM.