View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Since I live on this stretch, I'm pretty familiar with it. So far the only sidewalks completed between McAllister and Post are in front of Opera Plaza (600 block) and in front of the hospital. I walked up and down the intervening blocks this afternoon. None of them look anywhere close to being fiinished. Most of them have stacks of pipe looking like there's still sewer or water work to be done. And even on the 600 block they haven't yet done the corners--only the center of the block. On Ellis, I think it was, they were digging up some old pipes this afternoon--not sure what they were

I suppose by some miracle they might do the remaining work in the next month or so but that would be very unlike the kind of progress they've been making before now. They told the management of my building it would take 3 weeks to do the sidewalks on our one block.
I drive/bus down Van Ness daily to work and as of yesterday it seemed they were pouring or had poured the sidewalks from McAllister to Willow (they are still using Willow to Ellis as a staging area, but I don’t know the state of the infrastructure work on that half block). Though not being a pedestrian (ha!) on that stretch my vantage is not as good as yours.