View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2006, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsatlbldr
July 25 2006, hazy skies and bad air day;
Yeah, I've always liked the Peachtree Summit building, very cool, esp for a 70s brutalist/modern piece. The other bigger tower was supposed to be on the other side of the interstate and form a "gateway" into downtown.

The cool thing about Peachtree Summit and I suppose too with the new 12CP buildling is that with the Civic Center MARTA station (which is no where near the Civic Center) those buildings will have direct access right into the MARTA system which is pretty rare in ATL. The only other building I can think of that has that is the big BellSouth Building at the North Ave. station.

If you look in the picture above, directly below the red crane horizontal piece is the Subway station. It's actually underground, but since the interstate is in a deeper cut, the interstate actually runs under it, and the station has windows that actually make it a pretty bright station. The main street there (W. Peachtree) runs direction over the station.

That's an area that'd I'd really love to see covered over, to tie downtown and S. Midtown together more. That little triangle to the North of 12CP (between Spring and W.P'tree) would make such a great little park.

Last edited by Chris Creech; Aug 4, 2006 at 4:27 AM.