View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 9:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEss View Post
Why doesn't a 91 year old developer just take a well-deserved break and leave the destruction of the city to a younger, more capable generation?

It's not like he needs the money...
Maybe it's more about doing what you love. Look at Silverstein and Macklowe. Macklowe is sailing around the world, but still found time to put a major new skyscraper (Tower Fifth) in motion. He certainly didn't have to, but sometimes your passion is what keeps you going. And God bless them. I hope I'm still going at that age, and not leaving life to the younger generation.

Quote:
Cafe Classico and Great American Health Bar argued in a Manhattan state court filing that their landlord is trying to unfairly oust them to make way for a “major” new building.

I'm sure the prospect of putting up a new building in NY or assisting with one is a driving factor for any developer who likes the game.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.