View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 5:19 AM
heavy user of walkability

Station Park Green

I walked around Station Park Green at Hayward Park (San Mateo) Caltrain yesterday

they are still working on the residential building you can see in that previous shot, although its shroud has been off for some time. in general, this project seems to be going very slowly. I'd have to go back to old pics to see when this got underway, but it just seems like it has been forever. in any case, here is the street that runs between the office component (on right) and residential

the view from the interior of the project. as I recall, there are to be four buildings altogether. one is done; the two here are u/c. the train station is on the other side of the buildings straight ahead

the one in the left foreground is the done one

the 'Green' is starting to form

apparently the fourth building hasn't started yet

this is looking back into the interior from the train station side

I was looking at all that and feeling amazed that it was only going to be 600 units, until I remembered that in the middle of each of those buildings is a parking garage, so not so much housing for the buck here. still, a lot more than the 0 units that used to be there

PS: as you can sort of see in the first pic, no sign of activity on the Caltrain parking lot that sits between this project and the station. Caltrain had been trying to develop something there as well

Last edited by timbad; Aug 20, 2019 at 5:30 AM. Reason: last paragraph