View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
I can't imagine eating takeout or at a restaurant for 2-3 meals consecutively let alone weeks at a time. I need control over the calories and macro splits, and I can do the majority of my meal prep in a couple hours on Sunday. Microwaved lunches may not be ideal, but I also don't need every meal to be a life-changing experience.
This will sound like a paid testimonial, but a few months back I decided to try out one of those newfangled dehydrated powdered meal replacement things which are on the market. You order online, get a 3.75 pound bulk bag, mix two scoops with water, and you're good to go.

I usually use it for breakfast and lunch during the week, and maybe one meal a week on the weekend. It's a lot cheaper and healthier than most options available for fast casual around downtown, and overating is basically impossible. I've lost like 15 pounds since doing this without really trying or restricting my calories in any other way. Basically I only eat out now if there's a social reason to do so, not just to fill my belly.