View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK18 View Post
I was simply wondering, given the track record of high rise W hotels, why a separate tower wasn't proposed with the primary intent of housing the hotel. I'll be the first to admit that I'm simply a city development enthusiast with no professional experience, so I was hoping that the people on this forum with relevant knowledge could perhaps express why San Antonio is not getting a large W hotel such as the one in Austin. I was thinking that San Antonio might have a lower demand for very high luxury hotels.
IMO, it is because we have the Hotel Emma which is, I believe locally run and owned, and this hotel has already been given the highest ratings a hotel can get. And the hotel has not even been opened a long time. So, I am thinking other chains may be a little hesitant because of this. But, I applaud W Hotel for opening up a W on Broadway. They believe San Antonio can support the W with the Hotel Emma nearby!
Austin has a larger W, but do they have a Hotel Emma? Food for thought, only because you brought up Austin on your post on a San Antonio thread. And by all means, not trying to be "weird". LOL

A Great Day To All!!!!