View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 9:55 PM

Lightbulb Building Diagrams with MAYA 3D

hi guys,

some time ago I created a MAYA 3D reference scene with which it is quite easy to render building diagrams.

of course you need to have MAYA (version 8, but I could provide it for a lower version if needed) and some knowledge about modeling in 3D. as I've been in this field and working with 3D for quite some time I can of course also give you hints and tips about how to work with my file if you need.

the reference scene comes with the following...
* uses maya units / 1 unit => 1 meter
* a custom orthographic "renderCam" to render diagrams with 1 meter => 2 pixel (scale down by 50% in a 2D program like photoshop to get a 1m => 1 pixel scale as used on skyscraperpage.com)
* has two structures (buildings) included that I made just for fun... to give you some starting point for modeling

i will see if i can attach my reference file in this post/thread. if i can't you can also get it from here http://www.lemonaut.at/files/ScraperCam.mb

that' what renderings will look like. if you want to experiment with lighting or whatsoever just go ahead!

have fun, Mig

Last edited by marsmanderl; Jul 20, 2007 at 9:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add image