View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2005, 2:23 AM
them bones

Not to be nitpicky...but if you're going to write a letter in SUPPORT of something, wouldn't it be helpful to actually talk about the benefits of said project vs. just lashing out in a pre-reactionary way?

Talk about the project. Talk about what it does for the city. Talk about the future possibilities it could create.

Don't stoop to their level by calling them out.

And BTW, I realize that it's exciting because the project is potentially a new tallest building for the city, but the fact that we are 'overdue' for a new tallest is ONLY relevant to those of us who pay attention to such things. The average person in Phoenix probably doesn't know what the tallest building in town is anyway.

That being said, I hope they find a developer and a financial team. But honestly I've seen lots of renderings over the years from groups like City Centre, LLC with very little to show for it. Here's hoping that the project has enough viability to attract somebody like Trump or Optima. Anybody remember the Cole Companies? Development options on half a dozen high profile lots in Midtown in the late 1990's using telecom money before the dot bomb. Pretty renderings but no real traction.

At least the market in Phoenix now might be ready for something NEAR this scale.