View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 2:59 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm sure that Pembina and Bison is probably a bit better for walkability than average when it comes to suburban MURBs in that there are places you can actually walk to, but if you have ever been around there you will know it is an unpleasant walk. Which is generally the case when you're walking next to a route designated as a "highway". So it's a bit disingenuous of the developer to sell this as some kind of walkable area to unsuspecting students who will end up being sorely disappointed.

Walking through the vast open field to the U of M campus might be pleasant enough in June but it's not something I'd be keen on doing in January. Also, walking along a broad, relatively fast moving arterial street lined with parking lots to get to a big box store is not really my idea of a good walkable environment, but to each their own
Superstore is less than 5 minutes walk away so at least it wouldn't be a terrible walk for groceries, which is one of the biggest challenges when it comes to the walkability of an area. That being said, I don't disagree with this statement. It is in fact rather disingenuous of the developer to call it a walkable area. Hopefully the UofM pulls its head out of its ass and focuses more residential and mixed use development towards that end of Chancellor Matheson.
Federalist #10, James Madison