View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ LMAO

This is not uncommon in suburban areas, I mean, I'm sure the houses near McGillivray and Kenaston have decent walk scores because all of the strip malls nearby, but for the most part no one is going to be walking there (especially in winter) unless it's a life or death situation.

20 seconds looking at that site through Google Street View will show you just how walkable it really is...
I think you're underselling the area and especially this specific lot, just a bit. Just two lots down Pembina you have around a half-dozen restaurants -- Santa Lucia's, the Wings place, Shwarma Khan. North one or two lots is an other half-dozen or so restaurants and Tim Hortons. A bit further at 8 minutes to the South on pembina there's an other cluster of shops, restuarants including Shoppers.

Right in the back yard of the tower is Superstore, a price-competitive huge grocer with good quality, as well as autopac and a in-store liquor mart. The walk to university is ~19 minutes according to Google Maps. If 19 minutes is too far of a walk then I don't know what to tell you. A bit further north, it's about 11 minutes walk fro the new rapid transit corridor exit on Markham, and all that goes with that (an other Shoppers, Giant Tiger, Safeway, etc etc). I've lived right in the middle of the Plateau neighborhood in Montreal and it arguably was not as nice as this (granted, it did look much nicer).