View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2018, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
I agree. I honestly don't know what would be best for an area that is bordered by the RRCC, city hall/theatre district, the Exchange district and the "Chinatown" area. Do all these "themes" have a common element that can be incorporated into one shared space, or does it have to be. by necessity, part of one or the other?

I'd say this is part of "The Exchange" in terms of a design treatment/theme. Chinatown in effect (not sure of technicality) starts at James, so I'd hope the north side incorporates Chinatown on the street. I know people have said here before "give up on Chinatown" or that it's "dead." But the reality is there are still many Chinese businesses in the area, the street festival is bringing more attention to it again, and with Marketlands coming up, and Exchange development starting to move north, it's going to experience a renaissance in 3–5 years. That plus all the Chinese-inspired buildings. Excited for the future of Chinatown.

They also have the benefit of being in the Downtown BIZ zone, and the DBIZ has a lot more money than Exchange BIZ.