View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 12:33 AM
passion for patterns

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I won't/can't, which is why I wrote it that way, but what the question to you is why would that be your assumption, seeing as how you think I left it open to a lot of interpretation. Maybe an inkblot test of sorts.
Well, unless I misread, you suggested that an IKEA wasn't built sooner in San Antonio because of back room dealings. This would indicate that there was something in San Antonio politics or real estate development that actively prohibited IKEA from entering a certain location or the market at all, or would indicate that there was some kind of influence that caused Austin to get one built sooner vs. San Antonio. It just seems like something that's kind of serious and that's why I remarked. If that kind of stuff actually happened, certainly we would want to know about it. But since you can't comment further, I don't know what the point of your comment was in the first place.

(Perhaps to allay the suggestion that San Antonio otherwise didn't have the demographics to warrant one, which had been bandied about before with other new stores?)