View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2016, 7:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
hard to win, but ALWAYS fight them.

It delays your payment for a at least a year till your court date.

When your "court" date does come, there is a good chance the commissionaire will not show = ticket thrown out.

Or, even if he does show up, you can give the Crown any kind of reason, and your fine will be reduced around 30-50%, just to avoid the costs of getting to trial.

Then you can arrange a payment date and schedule with the judge.

It's ridiculous. I have fought two tickets this way. One got thrown out, the other reduced significantly.
Got ticketed (red light camera) for allegedly running a red light a few years back (which I didn't), came to a stop as the light turned from amber to red, I was making a right hand turn on a red, vehicle turn signal light on. Received the ticket in the mail with accompanying photo (black and white), went down to Broadway (? can't remember) to plead not guilty, was given a court date, also received colour photos (sequence) of the alleged offence with turn signal light clearly visible and pedestrians crossing at intersection ahead of me. Attended court and ticket was waived. Asked why ticket was issued in the first place and complained about process and was told all red light camera tickets are reviewed by an officer, BS on that. Time wasted 3 hours!