View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Who care about transit usage? Queens probably has lower transit usage than Calgary and is 5x denser

Most Dallas suburbanites live in places that look like Plano, not ‘McMansions on cornfields’

Still scratching my head about what’s wrong with that pic. Transit? Check. Dense? Check. New construction next to urban center? Check

If this were on Long Island you would be celebrating it
I doubt Queens has lower transit share than Calgary, and don't understand the relevance. Why would we compare the least transit-oriented major borough to a Canadian metro? How is that apples-apples?

Plano is literally "McMansions in (former) cornfields". It's exactly what I'm talking about.

The pic looks awful because it's suburban style apartments on treeless streets and a barely used transit line a few miles north of downtown Dallas. And it's specifically being used to argue that Dallas has high density and transit share (it has neither).

And no, I wouldn't be celebrating this on Long Island, and don't understand the relevance. Again, not remotely apples-apples; this is the Manhattan of Dallas (that whole North Dallas favored corridor).