View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
But see that's the beauty of roundabouts...also work in effect as a legal u-turn. So really no need to make a left there when you can make a right and then just spin around in the roundabout...

This is why roads like Kenmount could really use a roundabout or two to start cutting down on people attempting these dangerous left hand turns...

Roundabouts keep traffic flowing, allow you to change direction easily, force drivers to slow down and pay attention. Just so much better and safe in my opinion especially compared to large intersections. The only real challenge is for pedestrians.

Edit: Realizing that you may be referring to making a left from Allandale on to Strawberry Marsh and not vice versa like I thought... so ignore my comment if so...
I was referring to making a left turn from Allandale to Strawberry Marsh. You can't (or aren't supposed to anyways) make a left from Strawberry Marsh onto Allandale. You can only turn right there. It does get sticky on the right turns as well as people are trying to turn right off of Strawberry Marsg into the turning lane on Allandale so they can then get onto the Parkway - turning across 2 lanes of traffic. My opinion with that intersection would be to extend the median so people can't turn left onto Strawberry Marsh from Allandale at all.