View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
But see that's the beauty of roundabouts...also work in effect as a legal u-turn. So really no need to make a left there when you can make a right and then just spin around in the roundabout...

This is why roads like Kenmount could really use a roundabout or two to start cutting down on people attempting these dangerous left hand turns...

Roundabouts keep traffic flowing, allow you to change direction easily, force drivers to slow down and pay attention. Just so much better and safe in my opinion especially compared to large intersections. The only real challenge is for pedestrians.

Edit: Realizing that you may be referring to making a left from Allandale on to Strawberry Marsh and not vice versa like I thought... so ignore my comment if so...
The one big glaring problem with a roundabout at that location, are the pedestrian crossings. Last blurb from council was that they will not implement over or under crosswalks there. Imagine a roundabout (like Galway's) with two lanes, and crosswalks across each inlet. Not pretty, especially considering the pedestrian traffic in that area.

Last edited by jjavman; Nov 28, 2019 at 3:09 PM.