View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla77 View Post
This is what I heard. The Fish Exchange, Rumpelstiltskins and Fog City are all owned by the same person. They opened a Fish Exchange in Halifax and that restaurant/venture is bleeding him dry and that's why Rumples and Fog City closed. He had a deal with the Mall that they would build the new building for Fog City and he was responsible for the inside. He had to break the deal because he could not longer do the inside - hence Fog City closed. The Fish Exchange dt is the last of his restaurants standing and yes there are rumors that it might close because of the owners debts. Like other restaurateurs before he bit off more than he could chew. I hope it stays open as its a popular spot and an excellent seafood restaurant beyond the usual fish and chip joints.
Fog City is still just closed temporarily, re-opening later this year in the mall parking lot as said very recently on the Mall's facebook page.

I have a friend who works at a restaurant who's owned by the same people as those restaurants you listed above, and they also own MANY other franchises around the city that are doing quite well.