View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Yes, CEO's are business people. They read numbers THAT ARE GIVEN TO THEM. You don't have to be an expert on computers to be CEO of a computer company. You have experts below you, advisors, who are experts. This is like the PM or president. They aren't experts in mlitary, finance, etc, etc. They have advisors who tell them things to make the best decision for the country. Everyone calls the Trump the next chief executive. That's how I see it anyways. Off topic here.
Ok, I'll clear it up.

I know some CEOs. Good ones. They run their shit and they run it well. They have experts below them, but happen to know more than them. Yea, they don't know everything, because a lot of companies have legal and engineering departments and few CEOs have both of that... those may be some exceptions

CEOs right down to even low level managers all read numbers given to them. Something given to them does not preclude them from being experts who can grab the bull by the horns and make something happen.

However, in the very post you are responding to I mentioned that you don't have to be an expert of X to be CEO of Company X. I'm saying, however, that a lot of great CEOs know more about what their company is doing and are more hands on than you're alluding to.

That's been my experience for with the CEOs I know as well as those I've worked for.