View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 2:39 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
the sun is not even a newspaper....its a mindless rag that bows to the lowest common denominator....it has a centrefold for goodness sake.

their editor actually responds with one line zingers to every letter to the editor if it isnt in agreement with his narrow minded outlook....its so bush league it isnt even funny.

regularily the front page is adorned by a full page photo of tom cruise or some random girl in a bikini....

....the herald/metro/lance etc. papers have more credibility
I'm not saying I'm a fan of the Sun... but honestly what editorials get people talking more? The Free Press is made up of mindless views. The sun publishes articles from the chamber and the taxpayers federation.. something the Free Press would never do, less it isolates itself from its union masters. Historically it has always be a left of centre paper and it hasn't moved to far from those roots.

What paper has a better sports page? ... the Free Press used to win this one hands down .. what happened?

What paper has better local news content?? .. not the Free Press.

What paper published 365 days a year... not the Free Press.. and you call that a real paper??? Not in my books. Get back to me when they take the news serious enough to serve it up fresh. This alone makes it the worlds biggest joke of a paper. No integrety to the job at hand.

Neither paper has a business section .. which is fine for a "mindless rag" .. but the Free Press is suppose to be a real city paper. Its an imbarassment to the city.

The Free Press can't be considered anything but the cheapest daily in Canada. Its horrible .. mindless editorials.. and minimum content to save costs... its more of a flyer than a paper.

Trust me .. when I'm in Winnipeg I pick up the Sun for local news and sports and then a National Post for everything else.

Its just too bad that Winnipeg doesn't have a complete quality newspaper... hense when the Free Press is taken over by a larger publishing company it will be a very good day for Winnipegers... hopefully it will be renamed The Winnipeg Tribune, as it was the last quality paper to carry Winnipeg's name.