View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
let's see...two years eh?....

a new $300m airport designed by one of the world's most famous architects

$50m in new condo construction on waterfont drive as well as numerous loft conversions in the exchange district bringing hundreds of new residents downtown,

the $200m hydro building, the world's greenest office tower designed by one of canada's premier architects

award winning $50m red river college downtown campus

the beautiful $20m milleneum library designed by another of canada's premier architects.

the $150m MTS centre

the $20m CTV downtown buiding

the $35m pharmacy building

the $150m expansion of HSC

two large condo projects (8-9 storey) in st. b across the river from downton on provencher and tache.

the inn at the forks is less than 2 years old.
I'll see all of that and raise you an EnCana (rumored ~1 billion)... haha, im sorry, i just wanted to throw that out there. *quietly walks away from Winnipeg forums, never to be seen again*

haha..
but seriously though im pleasantly surprised that there has been this much happen in Winnipeg in the last 2 years. I knew about the Hydro building, MTS Center and Airport, but there's a lot of good mid-range projects there in the mix... something which is just as important to a city as the biggies. Keep up the good work!

As far as 100 Main Street... i would make a cultural center where the history of Canada is told through interpretive dance... with colourful ribbons! who's behind me?