View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 8:45 PM
Density and complexity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Haber8
There's not much to be excited about these days, at least not in Winnipeg. Other cities have cool projects too, but at least they happen. The only good thing that has actually happened in the last two years that I can think of is the skatepark. I think we'll be waiting till 2010 for things to start changing
In addition to Trueviking's list of recent construction activity, there are numerous other, tangible signs that good things Winnipeg has improved in the last two years, and continues to improve: the mini retail boom on Albert and McDermot, quickly turned the West Exchange the city's third most (and in my opinion, best) trendy neighborhood; visionary property owners and artists started to migrate north to Chinatown and North Main (the Occidental Hotel was cleaned up, new galleries and residential units, etc.); African immigrants did much to renew Central Park; West Broadway, parts of the West End, North Point Douglas, and the North End have noticably improved; the Volvos parked on Wolseley streets are getting newer and nicer.

Obviously, this progress is all occuring at a slower pace than any of us would like, but is happening, and undeniably so.

Last edited by rgalston; Oct 10, 2006 at 10:39 PM.