View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 4:11 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
Film studios sound exciting, but they are just large blank industrial looking buildings with no windows. A film studio doesn't need to be on the lake front. The lake front should be for residential, parkland or some other more active use. They could buy up tons of vacant land or abandoned industrial buildings anywhere on the south or west side for a film studio. It would probably help revitalize another neighborhood more than putting it in the south works site.

If he wants to build some music venue or entertainment stuff that's fine at south works.

It's funny George Lucas wanted his lake front museum so bad, he should have put it at south works. No one would have complained then.
I have similar concerns as you but without knowing just the environmental degradation that has scared off at least two other parties perhaps it will be a hard, if not impossible sell, to clean up the site and build loads of residential on the site?

And while a huge park would be great I don't see it spurring too much economic activity or tax coffers in the future.

A glorified office/industrial park that this sounds like it would be doesn't sound very appealing either. Hard to know what to do with this site at this point.