View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2008, 7:20 AM
Everywhere all at once

How about you both shut up and stop bickering. This website is not here for pointless arguements. Yes, the outlook is not good for the economy right now, anyone can see that. However, I refuse to be a complete pessimist and think that NYC will grind to a halt, shut down, CRASH AND BURN due to this! Think about the Great Depression. It was during that period that construction jobs fed the families of New Yorkers, and they churned out the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings (among numerous others), which today are revered as symbols of the progress and perseverance of this country.

Crawford, I admire your optimism and your post giving a less negative outlook about potential future supertalls in our fine city brought my spirits up a lot... but don't delude yourself into thinking that everything is fine, when it's really not. Times are NOT good right now, no matter how you spin it.
STERNyc, it's good that you are realistic about the daunting troubles at hand. Like I said, times are certainly not good. I dislike your doomsday attitude, though. I hear enough of that already, and it's not what anyone needs to get them through this next period in history. Try being more optimistic, you'd be surprised how good it feels.

Remember, no one really knows what the future holds.

P.S. Please don't attack me either guys. I'm not here to fight.