View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2007, 2:02 AM
A long time gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alva360 View Post
Well, I recently wrote an email to City Transit to get some information/status on the whole new transit development plan since I really haven't been seeing much progress with it. The news/answers I got back from the Supervisor of Customer Service were not good at all.

You can pretty much take that whole transit development plan they have posted on there website and throw it out the window............ Their still at the evaluation stage on the different designs for the new garages to accommodate the new articulated buses which get this......won't be delivered until mid 2008! Umm...weren't they supposed to be here already???

You will continue to see upgrades to all the major and minor stops throughout the city but besides that as for all these other things ex: new technology to deliver real-time information at stops, on-board buses, via the web, telephone and hand held electronic devises; special measures such as diamond lanes and traffic signal priority for buses to speed up transit service; and more park and ride lots. Don't expect them anytime soon.

For God sake!

I'm so tired of this BS.... I also spoke to a bus driver yesterday and he said our transit system is so far behind other cities it's not even funny. There cities that don't even have half the money that we have and they're so much ahead of our time so don't give me that BS we don't have the money to do things with our City transportation. Make it a priority and you will see how much money this city really has!

A city that is HQ for Newflyer makes things look even worse for us.....

Very sad that is all I can say.............
ho my God that's so pathetic... so where did all the money they
set aside go? to Katz' pocket???
I'm disgusted by this city right now, wanna leave anytime soon. Transit is in such awful shape and but they're widening roads, building bridges, stadiums, subdivisions. This is the most awkward, trashy, stupid place I've ever been I've been in 3rd world countries and their mentality... they're so far ahead then this hole.

-------------
"The spider spins his web in the Palace of the Caesars,
An owl hoots in the towers of Afrasiyab."