Thread: Winnipeg Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 5:20 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
armorand thinks everyone in Winnipeg is in the same boat as his friends...
This might come as a shocker, but I grew up poor & I have alot of poor friends back home, which would honestly rather spend it all on groceries and survival necessities, than a gym. They used to spend it on shows, but after Osborne Village went belly-up, it's been a gongshow for whats traditionally been their income streams...

Suffice to say, yeah there's rich people in Winnipeg - I know, because (for a majority of them) they've been shitting all over me and everyone else beneath them for decades, but it would be just nice, to invest some money into public, not-for-profit gyms and save the retail spaces for actual new investment. Which if the city and province would actually attempt to bring it in, might actually turn out some new retailers, employers and employment generated. Winnipeg is approaching 800,000 pretty fast... so wheres all of the supposed investment?! Considering the USD too, Winnipeg should be raking it in. Especially in terms of retail, with US retail looking for a quick buck. Why not encourage US retail to try Winnipeg as a test bed, or something, and fill those spaces with something other than over-glorified treadmills and Boxflexe's?!?!