View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 7:26 PM
BANNED

Well, bad news then.

However, Miami still needs an icon, a tourist attraction that would draw folks to the downtown to play. When you think of Miami City, the Freedom tower just isn't enough. Most people won't remember that, it has to be something bigger and more prominent. Right now I think most tourists think of Miami Beach when they think Miami. Honestly the city is doing a bad job of building attractions in their downtown core. I'd like to see the potential of the city being realized, given its weather, nearby beaches, location and large tourist numbers. Also, the skyline is rather bland for a major world tourst city. Frankly, it needs some wow. An observation wheel or tower would go a long way in providing a focal point. Other than that, more downtown redevelopment, lively shopping streets, etc would help the city. I'm disappointed with the Flagler Street area, it's rather boring and should be tarted up/gentrfied to attract more folks and wealthy tourists away from the beach. I would create a pedestrian mall out of Flagler street and turn it into a bustling retail destination. There is some architectural charm in the area that remains.