Thread: Texas Triangle
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Oh, I don’t think Austin will reach that size either. For all the reasons we’ve been going over. I’m talking hypotheticals; if Austin were to reach Seattle’s size, and if Dallas and Houston were to reach 10+ million as some forumers believe will happen, could that happen in a red state?
Again, being a red or blue state matters little. See California hardly building housing thus leading to higher costs, which means it loses tens of thousands of people per year to other states. Texas gets a lot of those people. It's major cities have good mixes forming of both urban and suburban. Houston for example has seen significant infill over the last 10 years, in addition to having large suburban growth. Austin has as well. DFW has seen the same but with the corporate relocations being largely suburban, they've seen more spread out growth there. I also don't see neighboring states booming economically, so Texas receives those residents as well (Arkansas, Louisiana, and even a few states over into MS or FL).