View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Not to be one to not take Wiki at face value... lol, but are we sure that's "official" and if it is, why? I honestly don't see the need to have that attached. I mean, Kansas City has suburbs larger than 50,000 but it remains Kansas City. Other metro's as well.
My guess is that most cities use a methodology utilizing the largest Suburb(s) (population-wise) being attached to the largest/principle city (i.e. Denver-Aurora-Boulder, Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, Dallas-Ft Worth-Arlington, etc.) In this case, New Braunfels is the largest suburban city in the SA Metro area. Most larger cities have tons of suburban cities w/ 50k+ in/around their metro centers, but it's possible they only identify/attach the largest ones to the priniciple city for spacing purposes. Can you imagine how many spaces population centers such as NYC and LA would take up if they listed every suburb w/ a population of 50k or more? LOL I'm just voicing my humble/logical opinion, I'm in no way, shape or form a Subject Matter Expert on the subject.