View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2008, 8:26 PM
concrete wasteland

Agree on these CREI properties: In particular, 101 Walnut looks fine from the front but the 11? story blank concrete wall on the north side shines its ugly rear on my neighborhood. I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly hardcore View Post
CREI has completed two residential buildings, both of which came out worse than the renderings.

101 Walnut is on the corner of Front and Walnut, it has one side that is completely concrete because it was built to the property line. Only problem is that on the other side of the line is a surface lot. It has full-floor units -- I don't know how well it has sold.

The Nouveau is in Old City and is almost impossible to find if you don't know where to look. It is on New Street and backs up to I-95 and a parking garage. Its a very strange location, but I can tell you that two of the four visible balconies have furniture on them.

Lastly, they are building American Loft in Northern Liberties. It was also designed by Architectonics. It is taking forever and, if you ask me, looks like a prison. The windows are tiny, and what in the renderings looks brown is in fact black, which contrasts very weird with the silver sides of the building. Hard to explain, but you cant miss it. Its the tallest building in nolibs.

I have a friend who's firm has worked with CREI before and they have vowed never to work with them again.

I do give CREI credit for having cajones.

Time will tell with this and their other buildings.