View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2008, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
My post was sarcasm, as evident by the green smilie eating a fly with it's long, frog-like tongue. Welcome to the intarwebz, G.

IKEA is crap. It's no better than the cheap furniture you can get at Wal-Mart or Zellers. They just happen to have a larger selection and a restaurant that sells mostly meatballs and hernekeitto.

If your furniture is to be put together by allen keys, you've been had!
I will say that it probably has its place...if its you've just moved out of parents home, gone to college, etc., it's probably better than getting a "Don't Pay Til 2010" deal at the Brick or Leons - most of there stuff is crap as well, and at least Ikea is simplistic trendy and mostly functional (which, does appeal to a lot of younger folks).

It's also easy to pick up and move around (if it doesn't break doing so)...we do have one bed frame from Ikea that's moved with us at least 5 times in the past 7 years...its surprisingly held up well. Any of the solid wood stuff will last (vs the simple beech-veneered crap they sell)...it just won't ever look like you spent more than $50 on it.

I will add though, that our Palliser seating isn't pricey at all. Defehr isn't too much more money - though, I do believe a lot of their stuff is "Made in China" anyway.