View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 5:52 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
I live in a city where about 15% of the population in indigenous and it is also the fastest growing demographic. I agree that the younger indigenous people are much more politically active than the older ones. We now have a fairly young indigenous city councillor. (she's racially half indigenous and half black)

But I do have to say that the vast majority of indigenous youth are not SJW type people. Many are much more open and wanting to connect with others of different backgrounds in various ways. I work with a number of indigenous people and get along well with all of them as do others in our office.
I guess it depends on your definition of SJW. (I'd add I don't think SJW people generally frown on contact with "others".)

But anyway, if I use my definition of SJW, most indigenous young people (20s and 30s) I know would certainly qualify as SJW types in terms of indigenous issues.

And most would also have (what you might call) SJW stances on most non-indigenous issues as well. Though some are pretty indifferent to those, and just focused on the indigenous - but will play lip service to the others, if asked.