View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 4:28 AM
The Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Yes, you should stop there, and you should never call people "stup(id)" again. I don't mind hearing differing opinions backed up by rationale, but I absolutely don't want to be insulted or have anyone else insulted by comments like yours. Please stop it or just leave.

Moderators: If you decide to delete his comment, please also give him a warning. Either that or do not delete it so that others can see his behavior. But please don't delete it without a warning.

So "world traveler" is a trigger word? Not that I need to validate anything for anyone but for the last decade constant business travel is my life and I say that because it's critical to my experience and not to boast. But I see that any opinion against the pompous homerist narrative and the juvenile ad hominem attacks are unleashed. I won't reciprocate insults because I don't share the same contempt for a complete stranger. Also I can express ideas and read about concepts that aren't favorable to my reasoning without being frustrated into belligerence.

Honestly I wouldn't want a moderator to ban him or censor anything because I'm not vindictive and I think it should remain for posterity. After all I believe that attacks like that say more about the person than the person they were attempting to attack... it's all good.