View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 8:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Welcome back Migs. I'm glad you reopened the thread, considering this next month will be exciting in the lead up to the announcement.

While I still remain extremely skeptical, it's going to be great to watch how the feds walk this minefield, especially as a potential election looms. Should be great theatre to say the least.
I agree bdog. In addition to Mr Flaherty's comments on the radio last week (saying that he is very impressed with the private funding commitment to our project), here are some more quotes that I don't think have been mentioned on these forums yet.

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Minis...#ixzz1Bym96bsq

Quote:
The minister's visit also comes as the Saskatchewan government is pursuing federal participation in a proposed $431-million retractable-roof stadium.

When asked about Ottawa's appetite for such a project, Flaherty said the province's application to P3 Canada, a Crown corporation focused on public private partnerships, is being reviewed.

"It was created to look at situations like this, and to see if there is a financing model that could be used for stadium or for other arenas or whatever, but it has to be a model that is applicable across the country. This can't be one-off," he said.

"We have to make sure that there's fairness across the land."