View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 9:16 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
I was looking at a map of Amtrak’s system and noticed that this country seems to be split up into 7 large regions;

1. Atlanta - Boston Corridor (Extending as far west as Cleveland)
2. Miami - Tampa - Orlando - Jacksonville Cluster
4. Houston - San Antonio - Austin - Dallas - Oklahoma City Cluster
5. Chicago - Minneapolis - Kansas City - St Louis - Cincinnati - Detroit Spoke
6. San Francisco - LA - San Diego - Phoenix - Las Vegas - Sacramento Cluster
7. Seattle - Portland - Boise - Spokane Cluster

Salt Lake City, Denver, Nashville and New Orleans would be the big independents it seems, although there could be an argument for an eighth region covering a New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville Cluster

I looked at it from a geographic perspective primarily. I took culture in to account some, but not that much.
i think of new orleans being more connected along I-10 towards houston and towards florida than I-55...theres a lot of half-abandoned mississippi landscape between memphis and new orleans (new orleans used to be more tied in south to north via st louis) nashville more tied in towards atlanta (and the Kentucky/midwest for that mattter). atlanta sort of consolidated southern gravity towards it one way and texas the other and feels like memphis is sort of the part of the south suspended in between.