View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
yeah but the fairmont is a full-service hotel -- restaurants, conference and event venues, etc. all in house.

hyatt place is sort of a three-star chain. nice, but won't likely have the same set of in-hotel amenities. much more dependent on surrounding area.
Do we actually know what’s in it? The addition on top amd the side?
I can see a lot of room on the top for something special given it’s veiw of Human Rights museum and Shaw Park.
I don’t think this is comparable to the Edmonton one either. It’s not usually the owners fault. More the mamnagment and general location. And this side of portage seems to be starting to grow. Off Earls moves and that’s strip gets developed. That’s a huge boost even to the Humphrey let alone the new hotel. If the Forks EVER get gong. That’s the game changer. I’d look at it more likely as a 4 star in its current configuration and location. Now of those parking lots and the Nitty club were repurposed you could really change the area.

All in all for an old office tower I think this design looks fantastic. It’s not like it’s the confederation building here. Into always thought it was just a warehouse lol