View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2010, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhGreatOne View Post
I cannot imagine this building becomming a reality for a few reasons, most of which would present insurmountable engineering obstacles:

I I believe that a building of such height--2380 metres-- would generate so much pressure on the bottom floors, framework and internal structure that the building would collapse long before reaching that height.

II Any supertall sways in the wind. They are designed this way to in order to accommodate the pressures of wind. At such a height, however, there are two problems: the potential for some seriously strong winds and the amount that a building sways is a function of its height. These two factors could cause the top of the tower to sway, perhaps as much as tens of metres during a particularly strong gale.

III Have there been any studies to measure the effects of the human body on frequent changes in air pressure. At that height, the air pressure is only about 72 percent of that at sea level. True, people do live at such altitudes. However, frequent exposure to sea level and high-level atmospheric pressures may possibly be a concern.

IV Of course, there are more mundane concerns. A tower of such height could become a terrorist target. Imagine the number of lives lost because some terrorist organisation has no respect for the dignity of human life.
It's a bit rude to say that.
Maybe nowaday building that tower is not realistic, but who know what the future will bring?There must be ways.

Web Development

Last edited by hippocampus; Oct 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: sp