View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Funkytown's finest

1st building...

E. Travis/N. Main Tower
29 stories
552' ft.
Mixed Use

It's a mixed use tower that is mainly office, but the base has a few appartments, with a garage, and the grond level has space for retail.

Here it is from ground level...

Lookin' at it now, I think I made the garage too big...

The top is slanted (an obscure shape off the top of the original Alamo's shape) with two arches to make it more modern... because I wanted to have a balance of modernism with older architecture.

In another reference to the Alamo, there are barrel vault shapes designed in the building. BTW, I'm goin' to keep the Alamo references to this building, only. I know there are a few buildings in downtown that try to look like it. Hell, even the Spurs logo has that shape...

Elevation

Comparison height with the tallest...

I put grey/white stones to trim the building to represent the old, silver-grey metal and the way the arches are shaped to represent the modern/future, and the green glass curtains represent the river. And I'm not sayin the river is dirty or anything (I'm NOT Mark Cuban), rivers always seem greenish when you're looking at them.

So there's the first building. Keep in mind, it's just a sketch. But I wanted to make this building look presentable, while making it a signature tower and making a big impact on the skyline.