Thread: Going to London
View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2010, 7:49 PM
Baltimore

Question Going to London

Hey everyone. I am going to London on vacation from July 25th to Aug 4th. I am staying next to Hyde Park on Kensington Rd. I have a few questions if anyone would like to help out.

- I am going to see a play. Here in Miami the dress code is very lax and casual (some even go in jeans..I know very odd), but in some places in the States people wear suits. How does one dress for a play in London?

- Since I am going to get hammered by the exchange rate I would like to know of some cheaper places to eat lunch. Any ideas?

- My boyfriend will be coming with me. Are there any cool gay bars in the area. We are not disco, club, or sex club people. We like to relax and hang out.

- Are there any must see places besides Buckingham Palace, Eye of London, Parliament, Tower Bridge, London Tower, Canary Wharf, the West End, and Trafalgar Square. I know there is so much more, but I would like to sort out the good and the bad.

- Is the Eye of London worth the money taking a ride? Is there anything we should not waste or time or money on?

I know these are a lot of questions but any help would be obliged.

Thanks so much!