View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2007, 5:33 AM
visionary

i applaud asper for his proposal the retail componant is awesome and the manitoba and blue bomber hall of fame is a nice touch and a Permanent “be a player” fan-interactive exhibition.

though I think there will be cost overruns. And his projected construction date seems odd. The site proposed is obviouisly doable.

I would of liked of seen the endzones covered as well not just the east and west side grandstands and have a hotel and waterpark tied to it

However as a downtown booster I wish it would be more downtown like by waterfont off higgins. Or better yet make it skydome by having the convention centre and true north have a partnership in it and built it close to convention centre to stage more exhibitons and what not. A parternship means more money off tax payers hands. Heck add VLTS to it to strenghthen the deal. Maybe the city can trade the polopark site or strike a deal to build it downtown.

Heck if hells freezes over we can have the jets play in front of 30-40,000 fans cheer for the hockey team come playoff time.

Actualy with the dome they could probably make an olympic ice oval in the in the winter and golf dome (for drives), and track and field, tennis courts and a soccer field.